Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the strategic partnership with Kony?
Diebold Nixdorf announced a strategic investment with Kony, Inc., the leading enterprise mobility and application company, forming a partnership to provide innovative, mobile commerce application solutions that bridge the physical and digital worlds of cash and consumer transactions. As a part of the partnership, Diebold Nixdorf is acquiring an equity stake in Kony, along with a seat on its board of directors with voting privileges.
Through this unprecedented partnership, Diebold Nixdorf and Kony aim to empower financial institutions worldwide to address key mobility trends around consumer preferences and differentiated experiences – based on the following core areas:
- Next generation mobile application suite to offer a pre-package option, as well as a "build-your-own" toolkit to empower financial institutions and retailers to innovate quickly and better engage with their customers.
- An open services-oriented application platform which facilitates new types of collaborations with payment providers , merchants and FinTechs.
- Integrated software product lines to enable connected commerce across self-service, POS, branch and digital channels
2. Why are we partnering with Kony?
Mobile technology was rated as the number one factor that will have the greatest impact on the global ATM industry. Diebold Nixdorf’s partnership with Kony gives us the opportunity to tap the exponentially growing mobile market by gaining synergies across a multitude of factors:
Diebold Nixdorf brings to the table:
- Thousands of relationships with customers demanding increased functionality through their existing channels
- Global presence and operations to support the expansion of Kony’s offering across all geographies
- Long-standing hardware and software excellence across both self-service and branch channels
- Proven service capabilities in physical and digital channels with a global footprint to deliver services
- Industry-leading security expertise in mitigating fraud, logical attacks and physical threats
Kony brings to the table:
- The only mobile solution provider to be featured as a leader in both Forrester Wave & Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 400+ enterprise customers across 38+ countries
- 1200 employees: 500 R&D employees
- 250 million+ app users and 3.4 billion+ annual user sessions
- 1600+ enterprise apps published
- Proven ability to deliver device/OS agnostic solutions via cloud or on-premise model
3. Who is Kony? What can Diebold Nixdorf and Kony accomplish together?
Kony gives banks the ability to differentiate with highly engaging mobile apps that can be extended without the need for relying on vendor roadmaps and can be integrated with multiple back-end banking systems (i.e., Fiserv, Jack Henry, Finacle, FIS, Temenos, D+H, and others); empowering FIs to take control of their app roadmap, deliver a superior consumer experience, retain and grow consumer base Support for iOS/Android tablet and phones with the option to extend support to other operating systems and devices.
Diebold Nixdorf’s strategic partnership with Kony is an important step toward the future as it complements our Connected Commerce vision. By leveraging Kony’s expertise across cloud-based mobile application development and open APIs, we not only have the power to integrate multiple applications together, but provide a proven offering in an increasingly important channel to our customers and their consumers. Diebold Nixdorf can help FIs deliver superior consumer experience that transcends across channels such as self-service, POS, branch and digital.
4. What does this partnership mean to our customers?
Our strategic partnership with Kony gives banks a unique advantage across their primary strategic initiatives i.e., branch & store transformation, operational efficiencies and security.
- Diebold Nixdorf with Kony will help customers transform their branches and stores by:
- Bridging the gap between transactions and interactions by delivering highly engaging mobile apps and ensuring that our customers’ mobile strategies percolate well across branch and self-service channels
- Delivering new ways of innovating business: Cloud-based & on-premise mobile application development and open APIs (Application Programming Interface) giving the power to stitch multiple applications together
- Diebold Nixdorf with Kony will help customers provide consumer-centric experiences by:
- Enabling a seamless fusion of technology and consumer personalization that permits consumers to connect, interact and transact on their preferred channel/device: mobile, wearables, tablet, web, ATM, branch, etc.
- Diebold Nixdorf with Kony will help customers drive operational efficiencies by:
- Providing one-stop, enterprise-wide solution that empower transactions across channels; supported by a world-class service organization that helps minimize implementation and operational complexities
- Diebold Nixdorf with Kony will help customers improve security by:
- Protecting investments that customers have made in different solutions from different vendors
- Leveraging our expertise in securing transactions and mitigating fraud across all channels
5. What are we adding to our portfolio?
Diebold Nixdorf has entered into a strategic partnership with Kony, the largest pure play enterprise mobility player, to offer white-labeled, pre-packaged and "build-your-own" solutions that drive the next generation of mobile app experiences and helps banks & retailers deliver a unified, highly personalized consumer experience across self-service, POS, branch and digital channels.
This solution available to sell now, DN Mobile, leverages Kony’s industry-leading platform that helps customers deliver mobile apps and freely extend them to add features, while seamlessly integrating with multiple backend/core banking systems.
6. What is DN Mobile?
DN Mobile is a mobile application suite that includes a secure pre-packaged application which is ready-to-deploy right out of the box and deliver customers a consistent experience across any device. The app includes features your customers want such as account management, bill pay, P2P transfers, cards management, and much more. A "build-your-own" toolkit is also available.
Unlike most of the solutions in the market, the Kony app is designed to integrate with any banking back-end systems and also has the flexibility to add next-gen technologies that allows our customer to differentiate themselves with things such as chat bots for voice banking, facial recognition step-up authentication, or in-app video for face-to-face experience.
What differentiates DN Mobile from our competition?
- Seamless Integration
- Keep your existing banking vendors so no need to rip/replace
- Upgrade vendor versions, replace vendors, or add new vendors without “breaking” something on the front end that would require you to start over recreating the app (more time/resource consuming)
- Update the mappings for the new services without interrupting user experience
- Take control of your app roadmap without dependencies from core vendors
- Innovate faster and introduce next generation features to stay ahead of competitors
- If your users are asking for things like chat bots, video chat, or facial recognition we have the ability to deliver that on your schedule
- Rapid time to market
- Prepackaged functionality out of the box
- Deploy updates and changes to apps fast vs waiting in a queue for 6 months
- No interruption to user experience
In the near future, we will be offering added functionality like providing consumer alerts at the ATM and mobile, for example: overdraft prevention; And functionality like allowing the consumer to pre-stage a cash withdrawal on the mobile and pick up cash at the ATM without a bank card, for example: a cardless transaction.